¿Cuánto tiempo se tarda en obtener una tarjeta verde condicional a través de EB-5?
The time it takes a petitioner to receive a conditional green card through their EB-5 application is subject to several variables. Without additional processing time due to visa retrogression, estimated EB-5 processing times are as follows:
- Once the I-526 is submitted: 16 Months to 18 Months
- I-485 Adjustment of Status or Consular Processing: 6 Months to 12 Months
However, when a petitioner is from a country that has exceeded its per-year EB-5 visa allocation, there will be additional time added to their wait, as the petitioner will not be able to file for Adjustment of Status or apply for Consular Processing until their priority date to become current. Variables which impact the amount of additional processing time (or “Retrogression”) include, but are not limited to:
- Average number of applicants from the petitioner’s country of origin
- Total pending petitions already filed by applicants from the petitioner’s country of origin
- Average I-526 approval rate for petitioners from the petitioner’s country of origin
- Average number of visas issued per approved petition filed by petitioners from the petitioner’s country of origin
These factors allow us to calculate the total estimated number of years required to issue the visas claimed. Below is a table which expresses the estimated total of years required to issue visas claimed as of October 2018.