Get the EB-5 Presentation Now
Learn about the RISE EB-5 Fund, our diversified 14-asset multifamily apartment portfolio EB-5 project in the East San Francisco Bay Area, California. In the presentation, you will learn about the location, the asset, the sponsor, EB-5 job creation and how the project strategy will meet investor goals.
EB-5 Market Leading Features & Advantages
Behring’s RISE EB-5 Fund is a collection of 14 multi-family apartment developments in the East San Francisco Bay Area. The first asset in the fund completed construction in July 2023.
Developer with Over 20 Years of Bay Area Real Estate Experience
Riaz Capital is an Oakland development and asset management company with over 20 years of development experience in the Bay Area. $752M total real estate assets, 3,000+ units under management and development, and 30% IRR across 12 exits since 2012
Diversified Portfolio of 14 Different Assets in One Fund
Behring's Riaz Portfolio EB-5 Project consists of 14 different assets in the East San Francisco Bay Area. The first asset completed in July 2023 and is providing current income and cashflow. All assets in the portfolio are expected to complete construction by 2027.
Three Investment Options
RISE Fund offers 3 different ways to invest. Choose between low-risk mezzanine debt, a balance of risk and return with preferred equity, target higher investment returns with common equity, or blend between preferred and common equity to customize your own risk-return profile
Quick to Build, Quick to Cashflow
By leveraging an innovative design process as well as efficiency in construction, Riaz delivers assets with an assembly line construction approach, moving through the full asset lifecycle from acquisition to stabilization, in 30 instead of 72 months. Faster asset delivery means faster operational cash flows as each asset reaches the market.
Serving the "Missing Middle"
Across California, only 40% of the State’s target for units serving individuals earning 80-120% of the Area Median Income have been built. Riaz' Affordable by Design strategy focuses on urban infill sites, where it can deliver affordable units for the urban workforce that is essential to the community, including firefighters, nurses, teachers, and more.
3000+ Jobs to be Created for EB-5
The development and construction of the RISE EB-5 Fund assets will result in creating over 3,200 full time jobs for American workers. The economic study was produced by Baker Tilly, a highly respected EB-5 economist. Economic impact analysis report was conducted using the RIMS II job creation methodology.
I-526 Money Back Guaranty
We guaranty that the I-526 petition will be approved or the Investor will receive a 100% refund of their investment and administrative fee. We currently have a 100% approval history on all USCIS adjudicated petitions.
Completion guarantees for our EB-5 program are absolutely required on all projects. This protection all but ensures delivery of the asset, exceeding the EB-5 jobs requirement and EB-5 investors achieving their permanent green cards.
Investor Protections & Guaranties
All Behring EB-5 projects come with various EB-5 investment protections and guarantees. USCIS does not allow Risk-free but we get as close as regulations allow us to. Contact Behring for the full menus of offering terms.
RISE Fund EB-5 Project Introductory Deck
Download the presentation to learn more about Riaz Capital and Behring Regional Center's RISE EB-5 Fund
RISE Fund EB-5 Project Introductory Deck
Behring EB-5 Overview Deck
Download the an introductory deck to learn more about EB-5, Behring Regional Center, and Investment Options
Behring EB-5 Overview Deck
I love this EB-5 project, now what?
Verify Your Eligibility with our Team
Schedule a Call with our Team to Discuss Your Eligibility
View Project Materials
Review project and company presentations, videos, and the I-526E package
Subscribe to the Investment Partnership
Hire Immigration Attorney
File I-526E petition with USCIS
Ready to get started? Let’s discuss The Riaz Portfolio EB-5 Project together.
Top EB-5 FAQs
EB-5 is an investment based immigration program where foreign investors who invest in the United States and create jobs for American workers can apply for permanent residency or a “Green Card“.
• An immigrant investor who invests $1,050,000 (or $800,000 in a target employment area) and creates 10 jobs for American workers can achieve permanent residency (or green card) for themselves and qualifying family members. To qualify as an “investment” the investor’s project is required to have risk.
• The program has various requirements and stipulations such as how the jobs are counted, what documentation needs to be provided and more. There are 2 styles of investment, investing directly or through a federally-designated Regional Center. When investing directly, the investor makes a direct investment into a job creating company.
• A USCIS approved Regional Center is a vehicle that has gone through a sort of pre-approval process with USCIS. The Regional Center pilot program’s core purpose is to make the EB-5 investment process easier for the investor, more streamlined for USCIS approvals, and further promote U.S. economic growth. The Regional Center essentially can take all the management and job creation responsibilities out of the hands of the investor. The Regional Center is a powerful job creating entity that is granted the capability to pool multiple investors together like a “fund” and create jobs in multiple direct and indirect capacities.
• Most regional center projects are in Target Employment Areas, allowing the EB-5 investors to take advantage of the lower investment threshold. Most EB-5 investments made today are invested through EB-5 regional centers.
You choose the Regional Center and the Regional Center ensures the project is EB-5 compliant.
• When investing through an EB-5 regional center, an EB-5 petitioner will usually invest into a limited partnership fund established specifically for that chosen EB-5 project. This limited partnership fund then issues a loan to the EB-5 project developer.
• The limited partnership fund functions similarly to a private bank issuing construction loans. There is usually some collateral offered to the fund by the project developer, such as an equity pledge or corporate guarantee to ensure the debt is repaid. A good analogy is home mortgages; if you have a mortgage and fail to make payments, the bank that issued you debt would foreclose on the property and initiate a sale to reclaim funds.
• Through this loan, the project developer demonstrates job creating activity through their budget expenditures on the project.
• In the case of real estate based EB-5 projects, once construction completes the developer will operate the project until the project has reached stabilized occupancy and then the project is refinanced or sold. The EB-5 limited partners are then repaid from the proceeds of the new long-term debt or sale at the end of their individual investment terms.
• EB-5 Limited Partnerships sometimes take equity positions in real estate investment funds. Contact Behring Companies to learn more about what equity investments are available.
The EB-5 investor’s spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 are eligible to receive immigration benefits
• One important thing to note, the Childhood Status Protection Act (CSPA) helps to protect children of EB-5 petitioners against long petition processing times. The child’s age “freezes” at the time of I-526 application, meaning that once the I-526 petition is approved, the time the I-526 petition spent processing is subtracted from the child’s age.
• Keep in mind, the child’s age will “unfreeze” after I-526 approval, so the child may still age out if there is additional wait time prior to filing adjustment of status.
• Schedule a call with a Behring Companies’ EB-5 expert to evaluate your child’s risk of “aging out”.
When investing through an EB-5 regional center, there are only two primary eligibility requirements for EB-5 investment:
1.Having $800,000 available for investment that meets USCIS requirements
2.Meeting the Accredited Investor requirements established the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
Learn more about the source of fund requirements by USCIS for your $800,000 investment by clicking here.
Learn more about being an accredited investor by clicking here.
An accredited investor is a person who is permitted to purchase securities that are not registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission. They are entitled to such privileged access if they satisfy at least one of the following requirements:
- Have a net worth of at least $1,000,000, excluding the primary residence. This net worth calculation can include assets held outside of the US.
- Have an annual gross income more than $200,000 for each of the last two calendar years. This requirement is raised to $300,000 when considering the joint income of a married couple. If either spouse individually earns $200,000, the couple does not need to consider their joint income for the requirement.
In the U.S., the term is used by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) under Regulation D to refer to investors who are financially sophisticated and have a reduced need for the protection provided by regulatory disclosure filings.
If you are not certain that you can meet the accredited investor requirement, schedule a complimentary EB-5 consultation with one of our EB-5 experts to determine your eligibility and to learn how you can have your accredited investor status verified.
The cost of EB-5 investment is variable depending on several factors including (1) which regional center the EB-5 investor engages, (2) the law firm the EB-5 investor engages, and (3) the number of individuals that immigrate via the EB-5 investor’s petition.
The following is a general cost estimate for EB-5 investment through a regional center:
- I-526 Stage: $84,840
- I-485 Stage: ~$5,925
- I-829 Stage: ~7,425
- Total Cash Needed: $98,190
In some cases, there are administrative discounts available to investors, schedule a complimentary EB-5 consultation to get quoted a cost estimate for your EB-5 investment and to receive an itemized cost breakdown.
EB-5 Petition processing time estimates as of October 2018:
- I-526 Petition processing time: 20.5 to 26.5 months
- I-485 Petition processing time: 10 to 24.5 months (variable depending on chosen field office or service center)
- I-829 Petition processing time: 30 to 39 months
Residents from China, India, and Vietnam can expect additional processing time after I-526 approval, prior to filing for adjustment of status, due to visa retrogression. Contact us to schedule a complimentary consultation to get a time estimate based on the details of your own situation.
Jobs can be documented in two ways; direct employment or indirect employment. Regional Centers simplify job creation because we can use direct and indirect jobs.
• Direct employment involves hiring individuals directly, paying a salary, benefits, and tracking employment related documents such as W-2s and tax returns. If direct employment is being considered for EB-5 job creation, the jobs must be maintained for two years each.
• Because regional center EB-5 investments are typically larger scale projects, regional centers often utilize indirect job creation. Indirect jobs, or induced jobs, are a form of job creation measured through budget expenditure and economic impact. Job creation is calculated using an economic Input-Output model, where budget expenditures are the input and jobs are the measured output. These kinds of models are often utilized when directly tracking employment would be too burdensome. For example, Input-Output models are utilized to calculate jobs lost due to natural disasters, or jobs created from economic stimulus packages.
• Using these models, EB-5 project managers are not necessarily tracking the directly hired employees for the purposes of documentation job creation, rather, the economic expenditure used to calculate the economic equivalence of jobs created.
• Learn more about job creation with this video: https://youtu.be/7hpaJ9jpd5s
USCIS permits a ramping up period of the investment. This means the entire investment amount is not required at the time of applying for the EB-5 visa.
• The EB-5 investor does need to demonstrate the availability of funds, as well as a commitment to invest the full investment amount on a determinate schedule. Simply intending to invest or planning to invest in the future without a present commitment will not qualify an investor for EB-5.
• Schedule a call with a Behring Companies representative to discuss Partial Capital Contributions and learn how you can phase your EB-5 investment over time.