- Who is eligible to receive immigration benefits from my EB-5 investment?
- How does EB-5 work when investing through a Regional Center?
- What is EB-5?
- What are the protections and guarantees in Behring Regional Center EB-5 projects?
- Can I travel outside the US for extended periods after I get my green card?
- Can I include my family members on my EB-5 visa petition?
- When can I apply for US citizenship?
- Is EB-5 a passive investment?
- How long must I remain in the U.S. each year?
- What is a reentry permit?
- Can adopted children immigrate with me on EB-5?
- What is a New Commercial Enterprise?
- Are there any nationality restrictions for EB-5 applicants?
- USCIS requires EB-5 investments to be “at-risk”, so how do your projects have guarantees?
- What are the EB-5 Investment Requirements?
- Can I apply if I've been rejected or terminated in the past by USCIS for a different visa application?
- May two or more investors qualify for immigration based upon a pooled investment in a single business?
- What is the I-526 Petition?
- What is the USCIS background check?
- What Can Disqualify an Investor from Participating in the EB-5 Program?
- What is an I-829 Petition?
- What is a I-485 Petition
- Accredited Investor
- Partial Payments
Source of Funds
- Can I use a loan for EB-5?
- What documents need to be translated when filing the I-526 petition?
- Can I Use a Gift for EB-5?
- Can I Use 401(k) funds for EB-5 investment?
- I don't have $800K in cash. What are my options?
- What is the Source of Funds Report?
- 5 Things EB-5 Investors Can Do Preparing for Their Source of Funds Report
- Regional Center
- Targeted Employment Area
- Job Creation
- EB-2 / EB-3
How are jobs created through EB-5 investment?
Jobs can be documented in two ways; direct employment or indirect employment. Regional Centers simplify job creation because we can use direct and indirect jobs.
• Direct employment involves hiring individuals directly, paying a salary, benefits, and tracking employment related documents such as W-2s and tax returns. If direct employment is being considered for EB-5 job creation, the jobs must be maintained for two years each.
• Because regional center EB-5 investments are typically larger scale projects, regional centers often utilize indirect job creation. Indirect jobs, or induced jobs, are a form of job creation measured through budget expenditure and economic impact. Job creation is calculated using an economic Input-Output model, where budget expenditures are the input and jobs are the measured output. These kinds of models are often utilized when directly tracking employment would be too burdensome. For example, Input-Output models are utilized to calculate jobs lost due to natural disasters, or jobs created from economic stimulus packages.
• Using these models, EB-5 project managers are not necessarily tracking the directly hired employees for the purposes of documentation job creation, rather, the economic expenditure used to calculate the economic equivalence of jobs created.
• Learn more about job creation with this video: https://youtu.be/7hpaJ9jpd5s