- Who is eligible to receive immigration benefits from my EB-5 investment?
- How does EB-5 work when investing through a Regional Center?
- What is EB-5?
- What are the protections and guarantees in Behring Regional Center EB-5 projects?
- Can I travel outside the US for extended periods after I get my green card?
- Can I include my family members on my EB-5 visa petition?
- When can I apply for US citizenship?
- Is EB-5 a passive investment?
- How long must I remain in the U.S. each year?
- What is a reentry permit?
- Can adopted children immigrate with me on EB-5?
- What is a New Commercial Enterprise?
- Are there any nationality restrictions for EB-5 applicants?
- USCIS requires EB-5 investments to be “at-risk”, so how do your projects have guarantees?
- What are the EB-5 Investment Requirements?
- Can I apply if I've been rejected or terminated in the past by USCIS for a different visa application?
- May two or more investors qualify for immigration based upon a pooled investment in a single business?
- What is the I-526 Petition?
- What is the USCIS background check?
- What Can Disqualify an Investor from Participating in the EB-5 Program?
- What is an I-829 Petition?
- What is a I-485 Petition
- Accredited Investor
- Partial Payments
- Source of Funds
- Can I use a loan for EB-5?
- What documents need to be translated when filing the I-526 petition?
- Can I Use a Gift for EB-5?
- Can I Use 401(k) funds for EB-5 investment?
- I don't have $800K in cash. What are my options?
- What is the Source of Funds Report?
- 5 Things EB-5 Investors Can Do Preparing for Their Source of Funds Report
- Regional Center
- Targeted Employment Area
- Job Creation
- EB-2 / EB-3
How much does EB-5 cost?
In addition to the minimum investment amount, you should prepare for various costs and fees for your EB-5 application. The total cost and fees can range widely from around $40,000 to $90,000 and there are a lot of ways to minimize those costs.
There are 3 basic kinds of fees:
- Government Fees (Non-Negotiable)
- Legal Fees (Negotiable)
- Administrative Fees (Negotiable)
The fees range widely because most of the costs are services performed by professionals including immigration attorneys, source of funds consultants, agents, brokers and other people whose fees are negotiable but range up or down based on the time required to complete the filing. The difficulty behind the case can raise prices too.
There are many ways to lower your final EB-5 cost and minimize fees. EB-5 investors who take the time to do proper EB-5 Investment Planning can maximize their savings. Investors can look at a few places to save on EB-5 fees such as simplifying the source of funds strategy, gathering and organizing documentation before talking to an attorney, minimizing installments or partial payment plans, using a specialized agent (if applicable), and planning around the timing of filing your petition (e.g. urgent filings), etc.
Click here for a sample cost schedule.
Behring specializes in EB-5 investment and offers free EB-5 Investment Planning for qualified applicants. Minimize the cost of your EB-5 by making an appointment.