- Who is eligible to receive immigration benefits from my EB-5 investment?
- How does EB-5 work when investing through a Regional Center?
- What is EB-5?
- What are the protections and guarantees in Behring Regional Center EB-5 projects?
- Can I travel outside the US for extended periods after I get my green card?
- Can I include my family members on my EB-5 visa petition?
- When can I apply for US citizenship?
- Is EB-5 a passive investment?
- How long must I remain in the U.S. each year?
- What is a reentry permit?
- Can adopted children immigrate with me on EB-5?
- What is a New Commercial Enterprise?
- Are there any nationality restrictions for EB-5 applicants?
- USCIS requires EB-5 investments to be “at-risk”, so how do your projects have guarantees?
- What are the EB-5 Investment Requirements?
- Can I apply if I've been rejected or terminated in the past by USCIS for a different visa application?
- May two or more investors qualify for immigration based upon a pooled investment in a single business?
- What is the I-526 Petition?
- What is the USCIS background check?
- What Can Disqualify an Investor from Participating in the EB-5 Program?
- What is an I-829 Petition?
- What is a I-485 Petition
- Accredited Investor
- Partial Payments
Source of Funds
- Can I use a loan for EB-5?
- What documents need to be translated when filing the I-526 petition?
- Can I Use a Gift for EB-5?
- Can I Use 401(k) funds for EB-5 investment?
- I don't have $800K in cash. What are my options?
- What is the Source of Funds Report?
- 5 Things EB-5 Investors Can Do Preparing for Their Source of Funds Report
- Regional Center
- Targeted Employment Area
- Job Creation
- EB-2 / EB-3
Is EB-5 a passive investment?
EB-5 regulations require that the EB-5 investor be engaged in the management or policy formulation of the new commercial enterprise. For regional center projects, EB-5 investors satisfy this requirement by being a shareholder or limited partner in the new commercial enterprise. This means an EB-5 investment through a regional center is more passive than a direct EB-5 investment where the EB-5 investor typically more involved in the management or daily operations of the business.